Moving to a new city can be both exhilarating and scary.
But when you plan ahead for this new chapter in your life, you can turn anxiety and stress into excitement before the big move.
Cleveland is known as the “big city with a small town feel,” which allows people from various locations to adjust quickly and call it home.
Learn what you have to look forward to, and what you should assess, before your upcoming move to Cleveland, Ohio with these four tips.
1. Find The Neighborhood That Fits Your Personality
Cleveland is known for its neighborhoods. Before you settle on a specific location, research each and find the one that will suit your lifestyle best.
Cleveland consists of three main areas:
- The West Side: Close to downtown with quick access to freeways and public transportation routes. Housing is generally considered to be more luxurious and modern. West-siders are typically trendy.
- The East Side: Housing options in the East are typically affordable and historical. These suburbs offer local access to a wide range of cultural institutions. East-siders are generally more artsy with appreciation for historic character.
- Downtown: Housing options vary from historical to modern, and are slightly less affordable. Living downtown allows residents to have easy access to public transportation. Downtowners love to entertain.
As you assess each, take in consideration proximity to work, nearby school districts if you have or want children and cost of living against your available budget.
2. Prepare Your Tastes Buds for Great Food
Regardless of the location you settle on, the Cleveland area has a wide range of restaurants with delicious options just waiting for your taste test. Resident foodies will find the following locations calling their name:
No matter what you are in the mood for on a Friday night, you will have no problem satisfying your cravings.
3. Plan to Experience Every Season
Before you make your move, assure that you have a wide variety of attire to choose from. Cleveland is known for having four distinct seasons, with an emphasis on the winter and summer extremes, so it is important to prepare yourself accordingly for climate changes.
4. Get Ready to Enjoy All the City Has to Offer
Cleveland is a city that is always alive and thriving with excitement. No matter what your interests may be, it has something for everyone. Local entertainment areas include:
- First Energy Stadium (Cleveland Browns)
- Progressive Field (Cleveland Indians)
- Quicken Loans Area (Cleveland Cavaliers)
Arts, culture, sports, food, history or a fascinating nightlife—whatever you love, you’re sure to find it in Cleveland, Ohio.
Are you ready to come to Cleveland but need help with the logistics? We have you covered every step of the way. Prep, pack and move with ease.
What has you most excited to move to Cleveland, Ohio? Share with us in the comment section below.
Image Source: Erik Drost under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic