In part three of our moving guide blog series, we offered a list of 10 tips to help you get organized and begin the packing process two to four weeks before your move.
You’re down to the wire and there’s one week to go before your big move. It’s important that all of the details of your move are inline so that moving day is stress-free.
Here are six steps to complete during the week leading up to moving day:
- Be sure that all boxes are labeled appropriately and accurately. Use terms such as “fragile” or “heavy” to ensure that your items, as well as you and your movers, are kept safe. Also be sure to label the box according to the room where it should end up at your new home.
- Confirm the address and phone number for both your current home and your new home with your moving company. Also provide them with a mobile phone number to get in touch with you until you get to your new home.
- Plan to empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator at least one day before moving.
- Confirm your travel arrangements and plan for delays. Be sure to have back-up arrangements, such as the names, phone numbers and addresses of hotels, throughout your route.
- Pack up personal items you will need during the move, such as toiletries and several changes of clothes, while the rest of your belongings are in transit.
- Pack a box separately with the things you will need immediately upon arriving at your new home. This might include snacks, disposable plates and cups, bathroom items and trash bags.
Reduce Moving Stress
The days leading up to a move can be stressful for many families. But, by planning ahead and confirming your plans and logistics, you can help to make moving day smooth for everyone involved.
Check back next week for part five in our moving guide series, which will offer tips and to-dos for moving day and beyond.
Photo Credit: The Next Web