Spring is fast approaching, and homeowners are starting to think about their annual spring cleaning rituals.
While decluttering your home can be a daunting and time-consuming task, planning ahead can help ease the process.
Below, we provide four tips to help you reduce stress and simplify spring cleaning this year.
1. Create a Cleaning Schedule
Distribute cleaning tasks over several days to mitigate stress. Keep organized by cleaning one room completely before moving on to the next, and create a schedule that prioritizes the rooms you use most often:
- Living room.
2. Purchase Cleaning Supplies
After creating a schedule, determine what cleaning supplies you will need for each room. Evaluate your current inventory, and purchase additional supplies to ensure you have a sufficient amount to complete each task:
- All-purpose cleaner.
- Floor polish.
- Glass cleaner.
- Rubber gloves.
- Storage containers.
3. Swap Winter Items for Spring Equipment
Many homeowners keep spring and summer items in self-storage units during the winter to preserve their integrity. As the weather gets warmer, consider swapping winter items for spring and summer belongings:
- Landscaping equipment (i.e., lawn mower and gardening tools).
- Patio appliances.
- Patio furniture.
- Boats and recreational vehicles.
- Sports equipment.
4. Prepare Winter Items for Storage
Conversely, ensure items, such as holiday decorations and winter clothing, are safeguarded in a climate-controlled storage unit to preserve their integrity for the next cold season. To simplify spring cleaning for the following year, categorize your items before storing them:
- Items that are similar in size.
- Items that are found in the same room.
- Items to preserve in self storage.
- Items to repurpose for the warmer season.
- Items to sell, donate or throw away.
- Items you may use during the spring and summer.
Homeowners can tidy up and ensure a smoother spring refresh by planning ahead, organizing and utilizing self-storage units.
How do you prepare for spring cleaning? Share in the comment section below!
Image Source: Brett Wood