There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to self-storage units.
Whether you’re storing seasonal items or in need of long-term storage for an antique vehicle, there is a self-storage unit that is properly equipped to accommodate your needs.
Below we outline four different unit dimensions and the types of items suited for each.
1. Small- Sized Units
Smaller units, such as 5x5 and 5x10 units, are similar to the size of a walk-in closet. These units work well for short-term storage and are convenient solutions for customers storing smaller-sized items, including:
- Desks, chairs and end tables.
- Office supplies (e.g., excess paper, printers and folders).
- Outdoor equipment (e.g., gardening tools, skis, balls and bikes).
- Seasonal décor or clothing.
- Sensitive business documents.
- Small kitchen appliances (e.g., toaster, microwave and coffee maker).
2. Medium-Sized Units
One step up, 10x10 and 10x15 storage units are approximately half the size of a standard one-car garage. These units are ideal solutions for customers who need additional space to safeguard the contents of one or two bedroom apartments respectively.
In addition to the items placed in a small-sized unit, a medium sized unit can hold items, such as:
- Mattresses, bedframes and couches.
- Excess inventory items for small businesses.
- Kitchen tables.
- Large appliances (e.g., refrigerator, washing machine and dryer and stove).
These units provide a safe place for individuals and businesses to store items that are too large to fit into a small-sized unit, but don’t require too much additional space.
For more extensive storage needs, 10x20 and 10x25 units are comparable to the size of a standard one-car garage and can comfortably hold a compact vehicle or furniture and appliances from a two-bedroom house. These units can accommodate the contents of a medium-sized unit and are ideal for storing additional items, such as:
- Office furniture and supplies (e.g., desks, chairs and large printers).
- Small cars and motorcycles.
- Home entertainment systems.
- Various home appliances.
4. Extra Large-Sized Units
If you’re looking for the deluxe self-storage solution, consider a 10x20, 10x30, 12x30 or 20x20 storage unit. These are approximately the size of a standard two-car garage and can accommodate vehicles, such as cars or trucks, in addition to large household items.
These spacious units can hold the contents of a 40 foot moving van or belongings from a three to five bedroom home and are ideal to store and secure large-sized items, such as:
- Company cars.
- Furniture and appliances from living rooms, basements, kitchens and bedrooms.
- Large vehicles (e.g., boats, trucks and RVs).
If you are still unsure of what sized unit you need, contact one of our professionals to assist in determining the right size for your needs.
Do you want to learn more about the different unit dimensions and accommodations offered at Security Self Storage? Visit one of our six Northeast Ohio locations and see our unique offerings for yourself.
Image Source: paulbr75