According to statistics compiled by the United States Census Bureau, approximately 36.5 million people aged 1 and older moved in the year 2012 for a variety of reasons:
- New jobs
- New opportunities
- Financial commitments
- Life changes
- To be closer to friends and family
In this last year, have you made a move? Will you make one in the year ahead?
If you’re looking to start fresh in a new location, we’ve compiled our top moving tips into an ebook, “Prep, Pack, Move & Store: A Complete Moving Guide.” It contains all the information you need to get your belongings from point A to point B, and enjoy a seamless, stress-less move.
From the Decision to Move to Stepping Onto Your New Doorstep
After deciding you’re ready for a change, you may not know where to begin. Whether a first-time mover or a veteran, you want to make sure nothing slips through the cracks and the move goes as smoothly as possible.
With much to consider, we break down the basics to help you navigate the moving process and remain organized:
- Moving Considerations: A 101-look at budgets, mortgages, realtors and choosing a neighborhood
- Selling Your Old Home: The basics of staging your home for the sale
- Monthly Planning Guides: Moving preparation and personal planning recommendations and timelines
- Last-Minute Planning Outlooks: Tips on organization, safe packing and other logistics for the final weeks before the move
- Moving Day Success: Best practices for moving out of your old place and settling into your new home
As you read through the chapters, bookmark resources provided for later use, including key forms for your address change and moving tax break details (if applicable).
Congratulations on your decision to make a move! Good luck, and happy moving!
Let us know if there are any additional ways we can help in the process.
Download Your Free Moving Guide Resource
Did you find the information in our ebook helpful? Do you have any additional tips or insights to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
Image Source: Erich Ferdinand under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic