Whether you store your children’s toys to declutter your home, prepare for a move, preserve some nostalgic memories or pass toys to a future child, there are some tips and tricks to ensure playroom items stay organized and in great shape.
These sentimental items loaded with memories need proper care.
Below, we share our top tips for storing your child’s playroom items.
Tips To Keep Your Toys Organized
Proper organization helps prevent your playroom items from getting lost in a sea of boxes. Follow these tips to stay organized:
- Evaluate what can be thrown away or donated before taking up space in your basement or storage unit.
- Categorize your “keeps” so you can easily find and unpack all belongings. Like items typically go to the same spot, so make it easy on yourself when the time to unpack toys rolls around.
- Keep favorite toys that your little tyke may end up missing together in a box at the front of your storage unit or in an easily accessible place.
- Label boxes with the estimated age range and category of toy. This way, you can easily determine what boxes to grab if you have another child.
Tricks to Store Your Children’s Toys
Children’s toys are increasingly high-tech. These electronics can have a shorter shelf life if stored improperly. Keep your playroom items, high-tech and old fashioned, well preserved with these hacks:
- Consider a climate-controlled storage unit if you store anything with wiring. True climate control will prevent electronics from corroding.
- Use items you’re already storing as box fillers. Stuffed animals make great cushions for toys that may scratch or dent.
- Remove batteries from toys so Elmo doesn’t accidently get stuck laughing on loop in an unknown box.
- Store toys that have the potential for future value in solo boxes or plastic bins so they remain in mint condition.
Benefits of Self-Storage Units for Your Playroom
It’s no secret the playroom tends to spill into every corner of your home. Using a self-storage unit is the best way to take control of your home again. The benefits of storing your children’s playroom items are endless; here are a few of the big ones:
- See the floor of your home again.
- Keep the kids entertained by rotating “new toys” in and out of the storage unit. Children tend to forget about toys if they haven’t seen them in a few months.
- You don’t have to worry about belongings getting ruined in your basement.
- You don’t have to throw away childhood toys with sentimental value.
- Belongings are protected with secure locks, 24-hour surveillance and other security measures.
Related Blog Posts:
- 9 Tips for Successfully Storing Your Belongings
- A Guide to Self-Storage Unit Sizes: What will Fit and What Won’t
- Five Factors to Consider Before Renting a Self-Storage Unit
- Moving Tips: Pack It, Trash It or Store It?
- 4 Reasons Why Self-Storage is a Mover’s Best Friend
Need to store your children’s playroom items? Contact one of our four Northeast Ohio locations to store your belongings today!
Image Source: unsplash